View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Removing An "Unwanted" Odor from hackle...

Nope... not a dime! They invoked a clause in my policy that pertains to "thefts that occur within a three-year period." Apparently, they had the "option" to cover all of it, some of it, or nothing at all because we had a break-in in 2010. It happens a lot here on the river, especially because of the remote nature of where the little house sits, and I paid additional premiums because of our "remote location."

But, the underwriters flatly refused to cover anything. After all, how much could "feathers" really be worth? Where were my receipts for my rods-- most of which were acquired through trades and the like? Even with receipts for the electronic gear, they continued to fall back on their "out clause," something they said that I should have be aware of, since I did receive a copy of my policy. (Who reads that litany of garbage from cover to cover?)That's why the company is now my "former" insurer...

So, even if it is a pain, check your policies carefully and talk to your agents. I'd rather that none of you ever get the rude surprise that I did...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

And, one last thing... brookfieldangler, thank you for your kind words about my cancer. It was my third dance with the devil in the last 15 years, but far from the worst of the battles. Brain tumor #2 rendered me blind-- and by blind, I do mean blind--for five long years before a 12+ hour "miracle surgery" restored my eyesight in late 2009.

After returning home from the hospital, I can't even begin to describe the wonders of being able to "see" my wife, the kids and the cedar-lined river that runs in front of the house. The green of the trees was vivid beyond recall, and the sky had a tint of blue that belies description. And, for the river to become more than just something for the audio nerves or sense of touch? It was one of those "best days" that we tuck away for safe keeping...
All good, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 02-26-2013 at 03:59 PM.