View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIY Tying station

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I've been threatening to make a station like you are talking about William, something that sit on my table, contains all the tools and materials for a pattern and can be picked up and moved easily. But for me to make this would mean first I'd have to clean my garage to get to my work bench and table saw!

I have made some drawings of the features I'd want: a few "cups" routed out of the base for beads and hooks, a little backsplash around the sides to contain everything with some dowels to hold spools. I have scaled back my plan since I finally got one of those foam blocks with holes in it. That simple, little, light weight thing is the best organizer I've ever had. It holds pert near every tool I use and certainly everything I need within reach.
Well of course. I'll need to organize the garage, build a work bench or two at the new house and then buy a drill press along with the lathe I'm going to get for rod building All necessary purchase for sure. I have similar things in mind and am torn between having lots of holes, dowels, etc on it for lots of materials or simplifying. I always intend to just bring out the materials for one or two patterns and the stuff ends up taking over the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce m View Post
I made this out of curly maple a bit over a year ago, so far I like the layout and the storage is plentiful but filling quickly. I can see a matching storage cabinet coming soon.
Click the image to open in full size.
The picture didn't come through for me.