View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 AM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Past/Present Pipe Smokers/Collectors?

Dear pa dave,

You are spot-on with the "seven-day rotation" approach, as it helps to maximize the life of a pipe and provides the best smoke. And, that "7-Day custom case" to which you provided a link is one beautiful piece of craftsmanship, as is the collection of pipes that are housed in said case.

Right now, however, such a case is beyond my reach... or my needs, to be honest. My "35-year" collection of pipes were all casualties of the break-in, as the pipe storage cases were busted up, and the pipes were snapped in half or stomped on. It was a tremendous waste of some very nice briars. Thankfully, some of my pipe-smoking friends have been generous to a fault with their own collections and I'm again back to the occasional bowl with some "new" additions to the mix. I also have three pipes that were out for repair and are now ready to be rotated back in.

I wonder if I could convince the "Speaker of the House" that I really need a "7-Day" rotation of rods and reels? You know... a 2-wt., a 3-wt., (2) 4-wts., (2) 5-wts. and a 6-wt. in varying lengths and with differing lines for this or that condition astream? Hey... it might be worth a shot! I'll let you know how it works out...

Be well, everybody... For us here in the northern reaches in Michigan, I'm praying that Spring is just around the corner... Jerry, aka hairwing530