View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:53 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Restoring a Nova Scotia River with Liming

several streams around here have that done and we now have wild brookies again in them.

Babb Creek Watershed Association -- Lycoming County

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010 Winner
Babb Creek had been polluted by acid mine drainage for over 100 years and has negatively affected the Pine Creek below the town of Blackwell. Local residents formed the Babb Creek Watershed Association and through partnerships with DEP, DCNR, the Arnot Sportsmen, and many other supporting organizations, undertook 18 separate projects with a combined budget of nearly $8 million.

The group managed operations of a large one-of-a-kind water treatment facility which uses a byproduct from limemaking to treat a very large volume abandoned mine discharge. Through their efforts, five miles of Pine Creek and 14 miles of Babb Creek have been removed from EPA’s list of impaired waters and the creek now supports a thriving trout fishery.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..