View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:34 AM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fly fishing for school credit?

I took a flyfishing course here at the University a few years back.

Overall it was rather disappointing, sure if it was all new to me I would have learned a fair amount but the disappointing part was that this is how new anglers are being introduced to the sport. The problem is if you learn new things but you learn wrong, improper and unethical standards from the beginning then it makes sense to why I run into so many disrespectful and law breaking anglers each year.

While I was hoping for a fun and informative class unfortunately this class was by far the worst college course I have ever attended and did not come even close to meeting the standards that the University has had for all other classes I have taken.

Your curriculum sounds kind of similar to what was taught in my class but yet my class was a short, so we went over it rather quick which made it ineffective and nearly worthless.
The only thing that I would like to add to the curriculum is river ethic and proclamation, laws and regulations. These are just a couple things that were not taught in my class that I felt should have been.

There was already plenty of things that were taught in the class that should not have been as well, but I think that comes with the teaching personality.

Great idea especially for younger students, I see the potential of having it be a great thing when taught thoroughly and thoughtfully.

Cheers,
Watson