Thread: Quick Survey
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick Survey

I've used the double magnet kind on my Jeep for years. Two basic choices out there (that I know of): Magnet based and suction cups. With the Mag ones you need an all steel hood and roof. If either is Alum, what-ever, you're stuck with the suction cup type.

Jeep is solid steel and the double mag kind grip is excellent. The other thing is how fast can you drive? Even with spey rods you can go 70 mph if you wanted. Reason for this is the angle of the rods is so 'shallow' there's almost zero wind resistance. Only place you really need to pay attention is coming up behind a "18 wheeler.' Those things push around a lot of air and that will really wiggle the rod tips around. Hold back or step on the gas and get by him.

Fred