View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 11:42 AM

thenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of lightthenewlushlife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Favorite less expensive rods / reels?

well there are a number of rods in this category that may suit your needs. First and foremost I would recomend the Orvis Clearwater 8'6" 4 weight at the $200 price point. In my opinion the best for cheap, little to no re-verb in the blank, excellent line tracking and weighs just 3 ounces, for $200 its hard to beat. Next I would recomend the Winston Passport, this rod is also at the $200 price point, its one of two Winston rods wrapped over seas, its not assembled in Montana like the rest of thier rods but still amazing for the money, either 8', 8'6", 9' foot models are all good in the 4 weight. The TFO, professional is another good inexpensive choice in a 4 weight model for UNDER $200, but not better than the 2 previous rods mentioned IMO. Like I said before, at the $200 price point your not going to find better rods, people may disagree, but take it from me ive been in the fly-fishing industry for years. If your willling to spend $320 the G.Loomis Pro4x is an incredible stick, and propbably one of the best price to performance ratios on the market today, if you can spend it, this rod will satisfy even the most experienced angler. I'm not sure what your price limit is, so here are just a few suggestions. If you can give me an accurate dollar amount I would be happy to provide you with more suggestions. Hope this helps, tight lines