View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 03:05 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Best Waders: Simms Vs. Orvis

I think that popperfly makes a very valid point... The key to the longevity of any pair of waders is taking care of them. A few of my fly-fishing "friends/cronies" are relentless in their reminders that their "insert name here" have lasted as long or in a few cases, outlasted waders costing three or four times as much. And, their secret, say they, is that their waders are privy to being dried out properly and taken care of as they should be. I can't say that I can argue with them on that point, as the "cronies" tend to be meticulous about taking care of their gear-- waders, rods, reels, lines... you name it!

So, go with your gut. If you like the style and fit of the waders, and they carry a decent warranty and come in under budget, give them a shot...