View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 04:46 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best Waders: Simms Vs. Orvis

All have made good points, but one to reinforce is 'Don't forget the overall fit / design of the wader when making your choice'. Each company, model has features (pockets, D loops, hand warmer lining etc) that you personally may deem a requirement.

I love technology and the ePTFE based laminates in the GoreTex waders really give me the jollies. It is pretty cool to see such elegant use of fundamental laws of physics.

After using a pair of Orvis for the first couple of years of my FF life, I switched over to SIMMS entry level GoreTex waders and have been extremely satisfied in their durability, waterproofing / breathability and overall fit. The SIMMS fits my body better than the older Orvis pair and has just right amount of fabric weight, compressability, features etc.

The most important tip I can offer is - Don't buy a pair w/o first trying them on in the local fly shop. Saving a few bucks on something like this is not worth it in my opinion.