View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:04 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A Question For the Experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newby View Post
Airflo lines are great, and I have more than one, but they seem to not have as advanced a presentation taper as Rio or SA. I tried a friend's 8' 3wt BIIt before buying and he had selective trout on it, I believe. Felt very nice. I think I want to go with the SA mastery trout, as it seems like a perfect presentation fly line and gets good reviews.
Actually, Airflo does have a presentation taper that earns high praise - Technical Trout. It's different that the Tactical Trout line. It sports their delta taper for delicate presentations. I love Airflo line and use Ridgeline Tactical taper on my 4 weights. I will eventually actually try the Airflow Technical taper when I'm due for another dry fly line. However, I just purchased the SA Textured Trout Stalker line for my 3 and 4 weights. It's a wonderful line for dry fly fishing or fishing small nymphs. It's most definitely not a nymphing line or a streamer line per se. But it's as fine a dry fly presentation line as I've used. I use it on a variety of rod tapers as well, from 389 and 490 LL's to a 490 Z-Axis. Love it.

cheers,
Mike.