View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: One Last Question, and I Promise I'll Quit...

Well, so far at least, it looks as if the "in the hands" books are far and away the favorites. And, I'm glad to see it. As a child of the "eras of the book," I'm more than just a little partial toward the printed word with a hard cover, and the possibilities of an author's signature.

Another facet of books that intrigues me whenever I buy an "experienced fishing book," to use Rip Tide's description, is the never-answered questions about the man who owned said book before me. A good example can be found in an old copy of "Flies," by J. Edson Leonard that I received via one of my "blind box" auction wins. Tucked in the middle of the book was a cluster of yellow-notebook pages, all carrying fly patterns and shopping lists, and all hand-written. Reading through those pages alone made the book even more of a favorite...

dakotakid... When the day comes that I run out of questions about things that cause me to wonder, please start to worry about me! Not to fear... There will be more questions in the days, weeks, months to come...

And, gtO5254... Great job on the bookshelves! You just might have to make a "working/fishing" trip to northern Michigan to build a shelving unit or two. Remember... the AuSable River is only about 65 steps away...

By the way, does your library have a system in place for "checking out" a title?? There are a few on your shelves that I've yet to read... (I'm kidding, of course)

Tie 'em well, and fish 'em hard, everyone... Jerry, aka hairwing530