View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:52 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Drag style for 5wt

I don't catch as many nice fish as a lot of the posters here manage, but I think a properly tuned click pawl can perform equally as good as a many decent disc drags.

I fish both styles without hesitation, and I think my success ratio with either mostly falls down to my own technique, and capabilities.... rather than the reel I choose to fish. For me disc / or click is not something I put a lot of thought into. I'm mainly concerned with which reel of mine balances the rod the best, and happens to find (for lack of better terms), the magic sort of feel on the rod. Lots of times this is not the rod / reel combo I hope will match up aesthetically.

Admittedly, lots of you guys have many more years of experience than me, and that's why I keep reading these types of boards.... I'm still learning every time I have the chance to either get myself out, or read a new post.

A personal opinion is not worth much, when you don't know a guys history. I now have at least 30 click pawl's, and my most prestigious disk drag is a Lamson Konic, so this where my view points have been derived from.

Last edited by charged; 02-27-2013 at 08:25 PM.