View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 AM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Recommendations for a 1 wt.

So winter is in full effect around here, all of us are adding to or thinking about adding to the arsenal.

I have 1wts and for the most part tried not to spend a ton on them since they don't get out very often here in Colorado due to the wind.

First 1wt I had was a TFO Finesse, it would definitely fit the bill as full flex. It was just to soft for my casting ability back when I had it. I sold it just cause I couldn't cast it, again probably more me than the rod

I then bought an Elkhorn traveler 1wt and absolutely loved it. Several of the guys at the shop I frequent all have them even though the rest of their quivers are the usual, Winston, Sage etc etc. I would have never sold it but my wife bought me a TXL-F 1wt this Christmas. I have it set up with a Sage Click II and Rio LT DT and so far in yard casting tests it feels great.