View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Recommendations for a 1 wt.

So winter is in full effect around here, all of us are adding to or thinking about adding to the arsenal.

I have 1wts and for the most part tried not to spend a ton on them since they don't get out very often here in Colorado due to the wind.

First 1wt I had was a TFO Finesse, it would definitely fit the bill as full flex. It was just to soft for my casting ability back when I had it. I sold it just cause I couldn't cast it, again probably more me than the rod

I then bought an Elkhorn traveler 1wt and absolutely loved it. Several of the guys at the shop I frequent all have them even though the rest of their quivers are the usual, Winston, Sage etc etc. I would have never sold it but my wife bought me a TXL-F 1wt this Christmas. I have it set up with a Sage Click II and Rio LT DT and so far in yard casting tests it feels great.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson