View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: A Question For the Experts

ECHO Rods, ably designed by Tim Rajeff, who, as it happens , is also the US distributor of Airflo lines. It is very relevant what lines a designer is employing in the development of his rods and I strongly suspect your ECHO would function optimally with a Ridge Tactical...call Rajeff Sports and ask! Also you will enjoy your little rod much more with a good line than the bargain line you refereed to.

For those that have wondered about Airflo's Technical or Delta Taper; this line is a riff on the Wulff Triangle Taper so it has a very, very long front taper and shoots like a shooting head. It does not load well for a very in close cast just like Triangle Taper.

Jackster, I have the Cortland "Western Drifter", the precursor to the Boss on a 6-weight and like it, however, I definitely also feel the kick from the Dyna Tip which also translates into a wrinkle in the forward portion of the loop. Yes it floats but does it cast? The Boss I have is a #5 so I will fish it under more refined circumstances and pay critical attention to the tip.