View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 08:32 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Question For the Experts

ECHO Rods, ably designed by Tim Rajeff, who, as it happens , is also the US distributor of Airflo lines. It is very relevant what lines a designer is employing in the development of his rods and I strongly suspect your ECHO would function optimally with a Ridge Tactical...call Rajeff Sports and ask! Also you will enjoy your little rod much more with a good line than the bargain line you refereed to.

For those that have wondered about Airflo's Technical or Delta Taper; this line is a riff on the Wulff Triangle Taper so it has a very, very long front taper and shoots like a shooting head. It does not load well for a very in close cast just like Triangle Taper.

Jackster, I have the Cortland "Western Drifter", the precursor to the Boss on a 6-weight and like it, however, I definitely also feel the kick from the Dyna Tip which also translates into a wrinkle in the forward portion of the loop. Yes it floats but does it cast? The Boss I have is a #5 so I will fish it under more refined circumstances and pay critical attention to the tip.