View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:25 AM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Albright Products

Moucheur, You are very knowledgeable and well informed about this Albright lineage. One thing though that I am not aware of is the sharing of the Nti's Nano technology with EXS, taper yes, Nano no...I will inquire about this next time I encounter said principle. Tradewinds, aptly named Chinese-sourced lackluster rods never went anywhere (I too have a #4 and 5 lying around here somewhere little used beyond the test phase). The current EX rods are fabricated by the same fine Korean rod shop that built EXS and the tapers were developed by two knowledgeable saltwater guides. One of these men accompanied me on a Bahamian bonefish trip and brought several of the 8-weights along during late-stage development. Honestly, not casting them side-by-side as my beloved EXS #8 broke in Andros earlier (a separate story), I believe I liked the EXS better but the new EX rod is very good, especially at the current price. I totally agree about the absurd "lie" of some lofty MSRP, forget and ignore! I am under the impression that these on sale EX's are not expanding into a model line up as Albright hopes to introduce an even more technologically advanced series of rods...my guide friend is very excited about this potentiality but is not involved at all in the company's perpetually on sale marketing strategy.