View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Past/Present Pipe Smokers/Collectors?

troutnut4,

Thank you for one of the most enlightened posts on the issue of "to smoke or not to smoke." While the "antis" of almost any ilk too often make their cause a personal issue, you chose the high ground and left it up to a matter of choice. All good, troutnut4...

My pipes represent 35+ years without pulling on 2.5 packs of Marlboros a day. I got up one morning while still in my mid-20's and decided that I'd had enough of cigarettes. I quit them that day, and never looked back. And, today, I'm glad I did...

The weaning process away from inhaling took a bit, but now I've managed to make smoking my pipe a matter of "timing and choice." The timing is dependent upon whether there are objections from those around me. The choice is all on me. Plainly put, I don't smoke where it's not wanted, or where it's not allowed...

On the river, however, I've found few fellow fly-wranglers who object to my pipe. Then again, they do like to pilfer a Swisher Sweets now and then... Hmmmmm...