Thread: Loop connection
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 02:40 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Loop connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowger10 View Post
They keep slipping on me. I am going to try mono with a perfection loop and some super glue. Thanks for the suggestions. I did not know that the rubber thing was to be heat shrunk.
If they are slipping off, you need to whip finish the end of the mono loop with tying thread and then coat the braided mono loop connector with Pliobond. It won't slip off.

I don't use the braided loop connectors. I use a nail knotted Cortland Amnesia .020"

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs View Post
This is what I use:
No-Knot Fly Line to Leader Connection (per Cognard)
I use fine sandpaper to rough up the leader part that gets inserted in the line, at the same time creating a cone/point to help with inserting it in the hole. Once I finish, I'll give it an hour and that yank it a couple times really good. It failed on me only once, at home, while testing. It never failed on the water.
I have used this procedure down to DT0 line.

Hope it helps,
Alex
This is a variation of Dave Whitlock's method.

http://www.warmwaterflytyer.com/pond.asp?page=4

I have found a problem with this method and wonder if it has happened to you.

I have found the mono stiffens the end of the fly line and you will eventually break down the fly line where the inserted mono ends. The stiff butt of the inserted mono causes hinging during the cast.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy