View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:00 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default So "Plus One."

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutnut4 View Post
The SIMMS guide vest looks like a quality vest but do you own or have you looked at their hip/waist packs? IMHO very practical and a lot cooler in the summer than a vest. Some of these types of packs hold a ton of gear...if you want to carry a ton that is.
Story starts years ago when my gear was a drift rod, etc. I'd come home from fishing and I'd be close to exhausted. Wife 1.0 asked how much does all that 'stuff' you carry around weigh?

Had no idea so she went and got the bathroom scale ....... 200 pounds. Strip it all off and re-weigh ..... 168. I kid you not!!

That's when we started stripping out all the 'do you really need it on you, or can you just leave it in the car and 'reload' as needed. Hard, hard, very hard to put all that stuff in a tackle box and leave it behind.

Ended up with a Fannie pack and damned little in same ... and no vest at all.

Now? If I can't stick it in a few pockets (fly fishing) I don't need it.

Well, a day in a drift boat, I will bring a bit more.

fae