View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:20 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Past/Present Pipe Smokers/Collectors?

Smoked a Pipe for years. Zillion years back, still there?, a pipe shop in Victoria, BC that I happened to wander in .... God the Smell of that tobacco!

My mouth watered.

'Try a pinch of this and what do you think?

Touch too much Cavendish, tad too much 'Turkey.'

'You like a mild smoke don't you?'

Well yes, and he pushes over a jar of "Blend 90." 'I'll take a pound and can you ship to the US?'

I've never had a better smoke in my life. Taxation, even in the '60's was ridiculous in Canada. 'What I suggest is you buy a 1/4 pound "sample pack" as the taxation is far less, then have your wife buy another "sample Pack," didoo the two kids (illegal to sell to them, but who cared).

Purchased that stuff for years, 'sample pack' to me at home, one to the office, one to .. etc. And the tax rate just kept going up and up and up.

Finally had to call it 'quits' when a pound was $85.00 USD (far worse if you were in Canada).

God I miss that stuff!!!!

fae