View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:06 PM

hairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any Past/Present Pipe Smokers/Collectors?

fae,

If you can describe the taste, odor-- aromatic or whatever the blend -- burning qualities, etc., maybe I can find something among my collection of aged tobaccos that you could sample and perhaps find a tobacco to your liking that won't find you re-mortgaging the house. Thanks to some good friends of mine and fellow "pipesters" and fly fishermen, I've got a fair amount of differing blends on hand.

Also, let me know your likes/dislikes in a tobacco, and perhaps, its general appearance? That might help to narrow it down a little more.

Me? I like a mild "aromatic" that fulfills my need for something that both tastes and smells good. Even thought the smoking of an "aro" is paramount to piping heresy, I still enjoy 'em. Besides, it keeps "my girls" happy. And, when you're sorely outnumbered-- the only other male to keep regular company in this family was a cat who passed a few years back --you do whatever you can to keep the peace.

So, if you can fill in some of the details via PM, I'll see what I can come up with for you... Jerry, aka hairwing530