View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:06 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Past/Present Pipe Smokers/Collectors?

fae,

If you can describe the taste, odor-- aromatic or whatever the blend -- burning qualities, etc., maybe I can find something among my collection of aged tobaccos that you could sample and perhaps find a tobacco to your liking that won't find you re-mortgaging the house. Thanks to some good friends of mine and fellow "pipesters" and fly fishermen, I've got a fair amount of differing blends on hand.

Also, let me know your likes/dislikes in a tobacco, and perhaps, its general appearance? That might help to narrow it down a little more.

Me? I like a mild "aromatic" that fulfills my need for something that both tastes and smells good. Even thought the smoking of an "aro" is paramount to piping heresy, I still enjoy 'em. Besides, it keeps "my girls" happy. And, when you're sorely outnumbered-- the only other male to keep regular company in this family was a cat who passed a few years back --you do whatever you can to keep the peace.

So, if you can fill in some of the details via PM, I'll see what I can come up with for you... Jerry, aka hairwing530