View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:25 PM

hairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Did You Know...?

newby... I, too, have a bit of Irish blood running through these veins. The truth is that I'm Scot/Irish/Polish, which can be a stubborn and volatile combination. And, there was a time when my patience would have run short rather quickly. But, 15 years of battling brain cancer-- three tumors to date, and I'm in full remission and my record is 3-0 --has mellowed me a bit.

Still, I can show you the bite marks on my tongue, even today. As my grandfather was fond of saying when his Scot/Irish blood was boiling, "they had my hackles up..." But, I wasn't about to let it ruin the day for my elderly friend. It was his last time standing amidst the waters of the AuSable River before he took his leave for a better place. I still miss his sage wisdom, even today... Jerry, aka hairwing530