View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:51 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Swap #3 : Clouser Style Flys

I'm in. The Clouser has been very good to me. I tie them chartreuse and white, with gold flashabou and 1/40oz lead eyes. I use Tiemco #10 popper hooks, which is actually bigger than it sounds, and its wide gap allows for easy hooking with large smallmouth.

This one is wet and well-worn, but I do tie them sparse. (This Clouser is tied on a #10 Mustad 3X hook, but you get the idea)
Click the image to open in full size.

The Pay-Off:

I walked over to my tying table right after I hit "Submit", and remembered there were still some of the zillion beginning Clousers I tied last year hanging off my vise. I burn through Clousers so much, that last year I decided to go production method. I use CA glue to secure the eyes, and even a dab to keep the bucktail in place (in front of the eyes). I snapped the pic with my cell phone....

Last edited by FrankB2; 02-28-2013 at 05:12 PM.