View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 12:03 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: White Bass on the Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
Looks to me like you're doing alright.

But if you're catching largemouth and not catching whites, the whites probably aren't there. The water conditions can't be helping though. Try this: when the water looks like chocolate milk, use a large-ish black bugger and a sinking polyleader. The bugger will push more water to get their attention, and the poly leader will functionally turn your line into a sink tip, thus making it easier to get down to where the whites likely are. (and probably make that Axiom cast more like a normal rod too) While using the sinking leader, use flies that aren't your heaviest, to reduce hang ups.
The Haw's a funny place. Largemouths everywhere and whites in the lower mile for a period during their spring run. It's not unusual to catch both in the same water, as I did on March 27th. (On friday my spots were about three miles apart). The sink tip is a good idea. I've been meaning to take them, but forgot last time out.

Actually, I'm liking that Axiom. More limber than I had anticipated.

THANKS!!!!!

Sep