View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:08 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Did You Know...?

Last December I was called a "California Tree Hugger" for fly fishing an offshore wreck on the Florida coast in 12fow...
Despite catching many mackerel, and taking some to eat. The guy was just offended seeing a fly-rod in action at 'his' wreck.

Last summer, carp fishing a flat near a bike path in Boulder, CO, I overheard a father tell his kid "he's fishing, he's a fish murderer."
If only he had been in casting range... Would have loved to bounce a lead eye off his head.

On another fishing website I frequent, some of the bait crowd claims that fly anglers kill too many fish by practicing C&R (gotta love the logic).

Fly fishing carries with it that air of being an art form, something elevated above, ie to do something more difficult than necessary. Some people just can't handle it!