View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Did You Know...?

If someone went off like that on me, he's be swimmin' with the fishes for sure. The second someone disrespects me, the whole "Minnesota Nice" thing goes out the window.

However, I think most people perceive fly anglers as good sportsman. Most people that I encounter just flat out enjoy watching it. It seems that every time I fish one of the local State Parks, I end up with people watching me with awe. It becomes even more so when they see me fishing for species other than trout. But I've never once had someone tell me personally that fly fisherman are poor sportsmen or anything crazy like that.

If I had to guess, most of the "bad vibes" towards fly fisherman come from landowners who have had property damaged or have had their lands trespassed on. However, lumping a whole group into the "poor sportsmen" category because of a few idiots just isn't fair.