View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Past/Present Pipe Smokers/Collectors?

I'd say that your ebony pipe dovetails into the "pipe" mix just fine. While briar may be the more dominant species in the world of pipes, why shouldn't ebony just ease right in alongside the meers, clay pipes, and even a MM cob? While an MM cob doesn't carry the same status as a Dunhill, Ashton or custom briar, I have a couple in my small lot of pipes, just because they smoke well, are great for trying out a new tobacco, and if you're working outside or on a stream, their cost isn't so great that they can't easily be replaced, if lost or broken.

And, as for your ebony pipe? It's really a good-looking pipe! And, as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters... Jerry, aka hairwing530