View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 05:32 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default rocky mountain hairwing

tried copying a pattern I saw on a blog from Scotland....they called it a shrimp, or cascade...it looks like a steelhead job to me...I made it on a double from AO Feathers...used some buffalo mop for the body dubbing(fur on their forehead)...elk and moose mane for the tail, with a little rooster hackle tip too...Mule Deer fur for the hair wing and a small rooster hackle in front...

I really like the way moose mane curls ...it seems to do it more when you tie off tight. The Buff is gnarly...gives aa special appearance...the gray Mulie...is a bit different than the typical white tail fur used in hair wings...the toips and color in general I favor...

I am going to try this with a few different colors too...blue and red...for sunny days...but today its pretty dreary outside, this tie matches the weather today perfect...

Click the image to open in full size.

AO Feathers house brand No.1 double
black buffalo fur for dubbing
.015 silver wire for spiral wrap
brown rooster hackle, Elk ans Moose mane for the tail
Mule Deer for for the hairwing
brown rooster hackle

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac linne, slat coille is fiadh freach - mirle s nach do ghabh gidheal riamh nire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/