View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 08:05 AM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Remove Oil from Lamson?

"Your reel will properly serviced for a small fee." Sorry I'm not a big fan of paying $8-15 shipping and $25-50 labor and a 4-12 week wait for simple maintenance.

This is the BS part of flyfishing equipment makers. Why can't they simply do what casting, spinning, conventional tackle makers do?

Simply provide detail schematics, parts lists and take down instructions? Heck the better spinning & casting reel makes even have tutorials on-line for this. Go to Shimano's site and take a look! Shimano will also do the "Your reel will properly serviced for a small fee." but they fully understand many people can do FINE job at home. I have sent them several emails and met their people at fishing shows begging them to make fly reels. If they do I'll be first in line for their products.

Fly reels are darn simple compared to say the ubiquitious Shimano Curado or ABU 5000 series. Thousands & Thousands of fisherman service these reels all by themselves every single day. In fact these companies even stand by their warranty even if you service it a home. God forbid you try this with Ross, Lamson, Bauer,................................

I guess the Fly Reel makers feel me, you, him, next guy................. are idiots. Or possibly it is their own neurosis that causes this.

Rant completed, I feel much better now.

Pete A.

PS.: Dreaming of a Shimano Curado #3 fly reel