View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:23 AM

Flyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to all
Default Flyfishing adventures--a shameless boast

Here's the overall goal--fish every county in my home state of Kansas (at least the ones that have public water). I've been sort of working on it--I'm a priest and get sent out to different places for ministry. I work in fishing as I can.

As my thread on float tubes indicates, I'm thinking of buying one. A float tube opens up all kinds of little lakes and ponds.

I'm also in graduate school (History, Kansas State) and need to do some research this summer. I perfected a good scheme last summer--find a campground near an archives, research in the day, fish the evenings. I'm thinking of hitting some local archives on one trip. A day or two researching in each place and a chance to explore some new waters in each location. (Not to mention being able to put the gas, food, and camp fees on the education budget rather than my own!)