Thread: First fly rod
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First fly rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
Actually I would be signing her up for the Trout Unlimited Membership
That's $1200. Are you sure that's expensive enough? All kidding aside, that's a lot of money for something (the membership) she may not really like down the road. I know she won't like the rod for a really really long time if ever. Plus TU has some ...... I'll leave out my opinion of TU.

I still think you should reconsider it and get something a bit more user friendly for a beginner. Look at this like taking a kid fishing. If you take a kid, and start making them do hard stuff they suck at right away, particularly if they don't catch fish doing it, you are going to have a really hard time getting them to do it again. Since you aren't married yet, tying her up and forcing her to go a second time is considered kidnapping. Do not go there. I'd also make that rod at least 5 not a 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
expecting nothing in return other than seeing a smile if she truely enjoys it.
She won't. No doubt whatsoever. If you want her to "truely enjoys it", go a different route.