View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How far could you cast with these set ups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
even then, I am casting to the sound of a boil or slurp.
I used to do that, but I am having serious trouble hearing with my left ear now days. It has gotten so bad I can't tell where stuff is coming from. When I was fishing in the dark with Bill he would ask all the time "Did you hear that?", and most of the time it was "Uh... no." If I did hear it, I asked him where it was. He was pretty good at direction and distance. It's like depth perception to a one eyed guy. In my case, one eye that still needs a monacle.

Speaking of accuracy and Bill, we were having a discussion about it while we were fishing one day. I had left a stripping basket on the beach behind me. I was talking about hitting bubbles and stuff, then just to make my point I turned and looked over my left shouldr and shot one backwards into my stripping basket about 45' away. Not that you will ever need to hit a small spot behind you an awful lot, but I can do it.