View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:20 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remove Oil from Lamson?

Can't help you with any certainty on the Lamson, but they should be able to help if you call them. I didn't see if you stated which model Lamson reel this is. Like they say in medicine, Do No Harm. Just give them a call on Monday.

I sent a Galvan reel back for service last year. They replaced the bearing, spindle, drag components, and even the spool release button. The charge for all of this and shipping it back 3 days after receiving it was.... ZERO That reel requires some serious equipment to dissamble that far, and then there are parts to replace, etc. I called the folks at Galvan, and thanked them for several minutes.

My Ross reels would require equipment that I don't own to dissamble the drag system, and that's sort of the price you pay for that type of mechanism. I don't believe Ross charges anything to service a reel, and their turnaround time is supposed to be very quick. I've never used them. Lamson's system looks easy enough to take apart, and a soaking on warm water with Dawn dish soap should remove most of the remaing grease. Rinse thoroughly, and allow to dry before putting it all back together.