View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:29 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Remove Oil from Lamson?

trout trekker;

If you would pull apart your Bauer you will quickly find the schematic you show is abreviated, ie incomplete. I have a MZ4 and called Bauer for parts which they would not sell but did the "if you send to us with $$ and wait 2-10 weeks.......". Been there done that.

Simply look at your handle these are at least 3+ parts not on you referenced schematic. Abreviated.

Lamson is the same, Ross is the same, ............

To show what is available on just about all other types of fishing reels:

Service | pennreels.com
Reel Schematics
Daiwa | Parts Diagram Search
SCHEMATICS & PARTS LISTS
Abu Garcia
Quantum Performance Tuned Fishing Tackle | Customer Service | Parts/Service

Just a few of the common fishing reel companies with reels far more complex than the any single action fly reel, which give on-line DETAILED schematics and most will sell you parts with a smile. Just "surf" Shimano's site for how confident they are in YOU and their products.

Some else better than me uses a quote on his posts by Lefty Kreh along these lines "theres more BS in fly fishing than a Kansas City stockyard".

This how I describe some/most fly reel makers attitude toward customer service on simple mechanical devices they no longer own.

Like I said I still look forward to the day that Shimano focuses on these products.

Pete A.