View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:05 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: How far could you cast with these set ups?

Quote:
Not that you will ever need to hit a small spot behind you an awful lot, but I can do it.
Actually,Dan, about half my final casts are done on the backcast from a skiff. The main reason is that when I am driving, I fish from the stern, and for safety reasons, I cast with the line off the stern.So when casting off the port side, I cast backhand.

When I fish with Wayne on his boat, he's running the electric motor on the bow, and I'm again in the stern or the cockpit - but pretty close to Wayne . So again, I keep the line off the stern and half the time, I'm casting backhand. If we were using 6 wts, I wouldn't have to do that but with 10's and 12's backcasting is the easiest and most powerful way to go, for me.

Since I naturally use a palm forward grip anyhow, it's relatively easy to cast for prolonged periods that way, even with 12's into the wind.