View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice
Default Re: Adventure Flyfishing Co vest

When I bought my simms vest, I bought it thinking it was built to last. It is definitely a quality vest that should last a long time as with the other simms gear I own. My first vest was from bass pro and it hung lower than the simms vest, that took some getting use to but I'm over that now. If you get into deep water those bottom pockets on the vest will hold water so you will need to check your gear. Non-waterproof fly boxes will be water containers, I know. Also there sizing chart is off. Going by the chart, the vest I first got would be fine if I was only wearing a tshirt. I'm 5' 10" 180lbs and with waders on, a large is okay but I could have gotten an XL and been fine. The simms is quality but if you can try it on first good or at least talk to a salesperson. I just checked simms website and there sizing chart must have been changed, my size is what I got now. I have the G3 guide vest.

Last edited by jcw355; 03-03-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Info added