Thread: Loop connection
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:41 AM

comeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud ofcomeonavs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Loop connection

I had been using the amnesia method, which if necessary will do on 6wt and larger. I don't like it on 4wt and under for some reason, don't ask why because I don't know exactly. I think it might have to do with my perfection loop knot being to bulky.

For a 3wt the other day I cut off the amnesia and took and old 6X tapered leader that had a factory loop on it. Cut it down to about 12", nail knotted it to my floating line so that I have about 3" of mono and a loop.A little Loon UV knot sense to seal it up and viola. The factory loops on mono/floro leaders are slimmer than any knot I can tie. I've never had a fish bust my leader up t the loop so it seems as strong as Amnesia with a thinner profile for going through the eyes of the rod.

Sometimes the obvious answer evades me. why I didn't do this 3years ago I will never know.