Thread: Loop connection
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:41 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Loop connection

I had been using the amnesia method, which if necessary will do on 6wt and larger. I don't like it on 4wt and under for some reason, don't ask why because I don't know exactly. I think it might have to do with my perfection loop knot being to bulky.

For a 3wt the other day I cut off the amnesia and took and old 6X tapered leader that had a factory loop on it. Cut it down to about 12", nail knotted it to my floating line so that I have about 3" of mono and a loop.A little Loon UV knot sense to seal it up and viola. The factory loops on mono/floro leaders are slimmer than any knot I can tie. I've never had a fish bust my leader up t the loop so it seems as strong as Amnesia with a thinner profile for going through the eyes of the rod.

Sometimes the obvious answer evades me. why I didn't do this 3years ago I will never know.