View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 01:22 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: 6wt Ross F1, Orvis Mirage, or Tibor Backcountry

Is Tibor BackCountry a version of Tibor Light? If so, it does not feature Tibor's famed version of cork disc, draw-bar drag system. The other two reels have sealed high performance drags. the Mirage is built in China if that is an issue and the Ross F1 is made in Colorado. I have asked our forum members before: Does any one have personal experience with F1? Looks good on their web site and Denaki's news letter posted a glowing review of it in use in Andros. I have not fished one and I am very curious and, if I were to experiment between these three (leaving Nautilus NV, Hatch and Abel out of the mix), I would go with F1. Another reel, made in Asia like Mirage, but more interesting and beloved by a pro guide buddy of mine, is Cheeky Reels...they are also colorful if that is a good or bad thing.