View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:49 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Last Question, and I Promise I'll Quit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
I've been asked this question countless times over the last 35 years, and in light of the newer technologies out there, today's inquiry made me wonder if I was seriously out of step with the world. A friend wondered why I still have so many books and storage boxes of magazines scattered around my office when there are electronic readers like the "Kindle" or "Nook" available. My answer has never varied and remains the same... I prefer a collection of books or magazines that I can lay my hands on.

Your thoughts? Magazines and old-fashioned books, or the electronic readers?

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Bringing this initial postage back to the top. Excellent question, but I think it may be a question of 'age.' Time in Grade?

The feel of 'paper' in my hand is a good thing. You can post 'anything' on the Internet, but to get it in print? Another whole game.

Sit, read, come back to same time later, contimplate, agree/agree to disagree. Wonderful stuff. You're mind isn't fully engaged? You're 'dead,' you just haven't stopped breathing yet.

Fun post up in another thread: 'You've only got 6,000 posts here, but 16,000 posts' over there.' Had to laugh, but my work day (PST) starts AT 0100 TO 0200 my time. Two lap tops working to follow 'the markets.'

One set for 'fun time,' the other for 'really serious shxt.'

#2 is the mental coffee break?

I suspect so.
fae