View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:58 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Has Your Favorite Trout Rod Gotten Faster or Slower

I started fast and have progressed towards slower rods. The Z Axis was my favorite rod for awhile, then I started getting into slower graphite like the Sage LL's, and fiberglass. A fast rod does have its time and place, but I really like how a glass rod casts and feels with a fish on. For small stream fishing, I personally think glass is king. I can load the rod with just a couple feet of line and the leader out and make a real cast into a tight spot. I just can't do that with faster graphite. I also like the "fish on" feel with a glass/slower graphite rod. Instead of only the top 1/3 (or less) of the rod bending, the rod bends across the whole blank which is fun to me. Tippet protection also comes to mind with these slower (than modern graphite) rods, it seems like I do not break off near as much. Just a few reasons why I like slower better than fast for the most part....

-Chase