View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 03:15 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Has Your Favorite Trout Rod Gotten Faster or Slower

This question had me thinking but in the end I come to the conclusion that being a human I'm flexible and not locked into any one favorite action except for specialized uses. For the past few years my go-to rods have had several gears plus overdrive when needed. They cast close nicely right off the tip (a feature that also allows me to land larger fish easier) then get more powerful as the need arises and I start using more of the blank down towards the butt section.
I started out on 'glass and bamboo but it never got imprinted in my head that their actions were the best for me. As the rods got better I hope to think I also got better at using them no matter what the action.
What I can't abide is a dead, lifeless, heavy rod that offers no feedback and feels lifeless when casting, drifting or landing fish.