View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:07 PM

planettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant future
Default Re: Has Your Favorite Trout Rod Gotten Faster or Slower

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
PT,

Did you start out with the Scott G or "progress" to it?
I started out with a Winston "Stalker" 7 1/2',4wt, , a Leonard Graftek, 8 1/2, 5wt, and something from Sage that I got rid of when I started using the Scott rods. Georges Odier, who was my mentor, worked with Chuck Fothergill in Chuck's Shop in Aspen, CO . That was before Taylor Creek or any of the other shops in that area. George sold me on the Scott G Series when we fished together on the Roaring Fork and the Frying Pan...

I still have and use those Scott Rods, one of which is a 10', 5wt. G that Scott made for me in 1985, when they were under different ownership and REALLY took an interest in their customers...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/