View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:07 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has Your Favorite Trout Rod Gotten Faster or Slower

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
PT,

Did you start out with the Scott G or "progress" to it?
I started out with a Winston "Stalker" 7 1/2',4wt, , a Leonard Graftek, 8 1/2, 5wt, and something from Sage that I got rid of when I started using the Scott rods. Georges Odier, who was my mentor, worked with Chuck Fothergill in Chuck's Shop in Aspen, CO . That was before Taylor Creek or any of the other shops in that area. George sold me on the Scott G Series when we fished together on the Roaring Fork and the Frying Pan...

I still have and use those Scott Rods, one of which is a 10', 5wt. G that Scott made for me in 1985, when they were under different ownership and REALLY took an interest in their customers...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/