View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Abel nippers: Are they worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
How the heck did this turn into cars? First of all, there is not a reasonable comparison here. A Maserati is comparitively more expensive than an old Dodge beater. However, both don't perform equally. A 49 cent pair of clippers cut line just as well as those $100 Abel nippers. Now if you want to compare it to cars, toss a Maserati body on that Dodge beater. Then you have a great looking spendy car that performs exactly the same as the Al Bundy car. Abel nippers look great, not $50 or $100 great in my opinion, but they do the EXACT same job as the 49 cent clippers. Don't believe it? Take your Abel clipper and chop a piece of line and send it to me. I'll clip the other end with my 49 cent clipper. We will then send the sample to someplace we can have a microscopic photo done of the ends and see if we get some magic difference.

Cars schmars.
Bundy's car made it to over 1 million miles too. I would like to see a Maserati do that.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

I am looking forward to spring as well but need to decide on a new fly box before then. Are C&F fly boxes worth it?