View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 05:42 AM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Most Memorable Fish of 2012

My most memorable fish EVER! After 3-4 summers of pursuing golden trout high up in the Wind River and Beartooth mountains, I had caught many fish but my largest goldens topped out at only a foot. I finally hit paydirt when I stuck this beautiful creature right below timberline on the eastern side of the Winds in Aug 2012. I would catch many nice goldens up to 18" on this particular lake (pics in the Rocky Mtn region forum), but this was my first ever larger golden trout. It cut the tape right at 15.5" and was built like a 747 Jumbo with that small head and humped back. This amazing trout stands out as my shining achievement ever as a backcountry angler. Golden trout are my favorite species of trout by far because of their amazing sporting qualities and the unsurpassed beauty of their alpine habitat.

I am so proud of this fish because after many summers of actively hunting larger goldens, this was my first. I finally had the pleasure of tangling with a strong golden trout. As typical with others, this one repeatedly went airborne and made dazzling run after run into the deep water. One moment, you think the fish is coming to shore, then you are into your backing in an instant. I finally got it in, snapped a few pics, released it and literally jumped for joy and screamed out loud. I will never forget that moment and that trip.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.