View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Removing An "Unwanted" Odor from hackle...

EUREKA!!!!!!!!! While I'm not really sure, exactly, which "cure(s)" finally did the trick, the defaced hackle survived the official "sniff test" this morning!!! Some feathers will be seeing the bottom of a trash bag, as their overall integrity was severely compromised. Still, the bulk of the lot are back into the bin for safe-keeping, until I run through the "best of the rest."

I want to thank each and every single one of you for weighing in on the subject. You gave me options that might have escaped notice, and helped me to save a bin of feathers that I doubt I could replace without a substantial cash outlay. And, for that, you have my eternal gratitude!

No matter what, please don't ever lose that willingness to help! That characteristic alone is what sets some of the fly-fishing websites-- like this one --apart from all others... Jerry, aka hairwing530