View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 AM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: One Last Question, and I Promise I'll Quit...

John,

A Phoenix might be the most appropriate, though I have to admit that I took something of a liking to the brook trout tat that I saw. I'll post photos, if and when that day ever comes...

As for my life's story? I wish that it wasn't a long journey through cancer centers, labs and operating rooms. My life would be far more simplistic by definition without the cancerous background. But then, a part of me wonders if my overall perspective would be vastly different, the whole "glass half-full" approach.

After all, I no longer take "tomorrows" as a guaranteed prospect of the future. I don't take for granted things like family, friends, my eyesight, my abilities to do the "normal things" in life, nor another day spent astream. Since cancer threw down the gauntlet and challenged me head-on, I've shed that hint of immortality that we all carry in our younger years, replacing it with the knowledge that the sight of the first light breaking over the river valley is a gift, much like every additional day that I spend drawing breath. I've seen the possibilities of "mortality" first-hand, and it's been a long, long time since any aspect of my life has not been seen as "the glass being half-full..."

In the end, I've promised myself a departure from this mortal coil with no regrets in any way, shape or form... And, like a true promise is meant to be, I fully intend to keep this one as well... Cliche'? Not hardly... Just my own realities...

Jerry, aka hairwing530