View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 01:46 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst Fishing Car Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I've never had one I thought "Hey, this thing sucks for fishing." I have had a few that I loved a lot, but not just for fishing.

The one I remember the most as far as fishing goes was a '62 Valient with a push button transmission. I had it back when I was in the Navy, stationed on a Submarine based in Pearl Harbor in the mid 70's. It had originally been white but there was a lot of 'rust control' that had gone on before I got it for $50. Most of that newer paint was black, giving it a kind of dairy cow paint job.

On the front quarter panels, some previous owner had painted the name 'Moby'. That was what everyone called it, like it was one of the crew. "Hey, where's Moby?"

There were rust holes in the floor boards in the front seat on both the driver's and passenger's side big enough to drop a beer can through like a depth charge.

One time a friend of mine from a different sub, so I didn't get to see him much, and I decided to go fish up along the North shore. We had been in the same sub shool class. We had a big stinky squid for cut bait. It got left in the car for two days with the windows rolled up, in the hot Hawaii sun. (Not my fault, long story for a whole different thread) I never did get the smell out. Fortunately you can ride around with the windows down all year long in Hawaii.

That car has a lot of memories to go with it. I may have paid a whole whopping $50 for it, the cost of a pair of overpriced nippers , but it is still to this day one of my favorite cars I ever owned.

Call me lucky, but I have never had a bad car for fishing.
Had a Valient with the push button transmission also.Dont know if it was a 62 but it was solid like a tank!It was grey and I got it as a hand down from my grandfather.Great car for city traffic cause you know you weren't going to be the one with the dent , nothing dented that machine!Had a lot of fun in that car!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser