View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:49 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: One Last Question, and I Promise I'll Quit...

pa dave,

You're right... It isn't in me to quit-- on anything or anybody --nor has it ever been a part of who I am. My grandparents raised me with a blessedly deep appreciation of their "don't know the meaning of the word can't" attitude, and I guess they left it to me to safe-guard as well. Despite illnesses, hard times and the challenges of raising their first-born grandson, they drew on their own inner strength and faith, and prevailed in the face of what were often tremendous odds to the contrary. I owe them far too much to detail in one PM...

And, pa dave, I'm officially adding your sister to my list of "true heroes." That she looked down into the depths of the despair known as cancer, spit in the face of the cancer "percentiles" and keeps on living her life makes her a hero in my book. She has my vote-- and prayers --for a long life ahead...

And, John... If I ever get around to writing a book, you'll be the first on the list for an autographed copy. I'd no doubt write about life, but only in the form of a third-person collection of short stories. It would be more to my liking in that form, rather than anything amounting to "auto-bio..." That sort of chest-thumping just isn't my style...

One more thing... Gary, I promise you that you can have my old copy of "Flies" by J. Edson Leonard. I'm sure that you'd appreciate, as I did, the old yellow notebook pages tucked inside the book by its original owner. On those pages are some fly patterns, a few shopping lists, and some of the most beautiful penmanship that I've yet to see. His handwriting borders on artistic in nature...

Jerry, aka hairwing530