Thread: Caddidflies
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Caddis flies

I have been tying up some caddis and sedge bugs lately...these are patterns I have used for sevaral years...one is pretty common...and some are special ones I came up with myself...

I personally feel the right fly can make a big difference...flies dont have to be hard to tie either...I am an intermediate tyer myself...but I love tying my own an catching fish with them...

here are my caddis imitation flys I use for tout...I think seeing the caddis profile is important in clear shadow waters...sedge or caddis are one on my most favorite dry fly patterns ..the other being may flys...both are pretty common where I fish...the big caddis flys are around from may til september...

my "pocketwater" sedge..sort of a mix of a few of the patterns I make...

Click the image to open in full size.

this is my darker fur bug using Mule Deer fur

my basic Elk /Pronghorn tie...buffalo wool dubbing & brown rooster hackle...

these two pics are one I tie for real still water situations...I use a piece of gray foam in beween the wing/body feather to help with floatation...its not so durable, but has ccounted for some weary big trout...I used some moose mane for the antennae...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/

Last edited by silvertip8k; 03-04-2013 at 06:09 PM.