View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: C&F Fly Boxes: Are They Worth It?

Dan, I bought the depicted one from Renee Harrop when he first brought them over from Japan some years ago. It was a novelty item at the time and I had to have it though I am sure I paid multiples of the $9.50 Allen Fly Fishing charges for the so similar appearing box currently. I was recently given a private logo box that looks all but identical to the SA clear, two-sided box as well. If the knock-offs are as good as the originals or even, as MrTrout suggested, the original without the brand name, I don't mind saving the bread. Point remains, the imaginative inception of the idea and its execution are first rate and an advantage to anglers keeping their precious flies dry until we chose to get um wet. I applaud innovation and am leery of knock-offs especially if they emanate from a particular, large, overseas, manufacturing nation. The value of these boxes, I have them for my bonefish and permit flies too, has exceeded over time whatever it was I originally paid for them. I will add that the many Wheatly rip-offs I've examined are a far cry from the real thing...but that is another category.