View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:19 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: C&F Fly Boxes: Are They Worth It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post

Water proof and floats are two different things. It is weight vs. displacement. Bet you $5 if you drop the C&F box it goes straight down and through the rapids to meet up with your other box, both full of dry flies.

You do realize that it could not have leaked fast enough to go straight to the bottom? Even a submarine can't go straight to the bottom and they are designed to sink. If it had a weight vs. displacement that allowed it to float, and it leaked, it would have floated way down stream eventually going to the bottom. Waterproof and floats are two different things. I have a box that floats and isn't waterproof. You can have a water proof box that goes straight to the bottom.

Like I said, waterproof and floats, two different things.
You are right, I didn't speak as precisly as I might have. When I tested it initially it floated and flies stayed dry. As it was in moving water it didn't go straight to the bottom, but went down on an angle in the current taking my flies with it. I'll have to see if I can find some of the knock-offs you and others have found. I didn't (and haven't) spent money on boxes like C&F because I have a hard time believing they are worth it.